Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's Thursday

I spent most of yesterday cleaning my house for the arrival of my Mother-in-law (Penny) & her husband (Richard). They drove from Ottawa on Wednesday to her sister's in Pickering for the night & then drove here to St. Catharines. The reason...my daughters both have their Birthday's this month, one is turning 16 and the other 14! (makes me feel old) Anyway my Mother-in-law & her husband are taking my girls out for dinner to Mr. Green Jeans & then they are off to see the play "WICKED"! They will be spending the night at my Brother-in-laws with his wife & their 3 kids. My girls are going to have loads of fun that's for sure!! The only thing the girls have known for well over a week now, is that their Nanny was coming to visit to give them each their birthday gifts & that it was bigger than a bread box & smaller than a jewellry box. LOL!

I think they really liked this surprise from their Nanny!! Can't wait to hear all about the play tomorrow & see the pictures they take of their cousins. Lily is 6, Ruby will be 5 in Feburary & Arthur is 8 months old.

My Mother-in-law told me that she thinks that I would be good at learning how to do acrylic & gel nails, seeing as I'm so good with my hands using those tiny beads. So now I need to decide if this is something I want to do. I've thought about it before. As Penny said, "You will be able to sit down & I know you'd be go at it!" (I have a hard time standing for long periods due to a bad back & bad knees) Penny said that she would also pay for me to take the classes to learn how to do this. Guess I've got some thinking to do.

I did manage to sneak in some beading yesterday. I made the two pairs of earring that my neighbour ordered, she came over & said I need earrings, nothing to long & classy but contemporary. Hope these fit the bill. :o)

Both are made with Swarovski sliders, Swarovski crystals & sterling silver earwires. I hope she likes them.



I also made a pair of hoop earrings. The hoops are sterling silver & I used silver size 11 beads & two sizes of dagger beads. My oldest daughter wanted them as soon as she saw them! I like the way they turned out, don't you?


Today I've been working on a flat caterpillar bead crochet bracelet, could possibly turn into a necklace. For this one I'm using size 11 Japanese seed beads & Myuki fringe drops in white AB. It is all strung on polyester thread. What a bitch to get it started after only ever having used crochet cotton, it took me a bit to get used to first using smaller beads, ( I usually use size 6 or 8's) then getting used to the thread. Well, so far it's looking pretty good. I'd post a picture but my kids have the camera to take pictures of their little cousins in Toronto. So, when I've finished it I'll post a picture for ya. :o)

Off to go & bead some more while I have the house to myself for the next few hours until my sweetie gets home from work.

Ciao,
Pam :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home