Monday, November 27, 2006

Hey! How's it goin'???

I started a job at a grocery store last week...holy crap, I didn't realize how many different types of tomatoes, pears, lettuce, peppers, there are! So many numbers running through my brain...I think it's on overload. You have to not only be able to tell what type of tomato or pear or parsley the customer is buying but, the code that goes along with it. There are lots of those too!!!! It's mind numbing. I got my first real chance on the register with an actual customer on Sunday. I was extremely nervous! Everything went okay even though I had to look up the codes for a bunch of things. My mind started drawing blanks. There are so many of them & some of these cashiers can ramble off the code for pretty much anything in the store. I like the job but...am glad I will be taking a Medical Transcription course soon as well as working at Zehrs.

I haven't done hardly any beading in over a week...sigh...I just don't feel like it...I feel like I have to memorize all these damn codes or customers are gonna get mad or something.

Working again tomorrow...hope I don't screw anything up! :o)

Later,

Pam :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home