Thursday, October 09, 2008

I'm back!!!!

Well, it certainly has been a while since I last wrote. Things around here have been pretty hectic! At one point I was working a full time job as well as a part time one! Was getting to the point of being run down. Just recently, my husband got a fantastic job with the Ministry of Government Services doing basically computer help desk. He actually does computer help for the Justice Department...pretty cool if you ask me and the pay is GREAT to boot! I can now concentrate solely on my bead work. I've had a little trouble getting my muse back up and running. So I started finishing off some UFO's. (unfinished objects)

This necklace was originally done for the wedding necklace contest at Bead-patterns I didn't get it finished in time for the contest :( I think it turned out pretty good for my first bead embroidered necklace. I've always wanted to do one and now I have. Maybe there will be another in my future...we'll see.
I also finished the necklace for a cabochon I had beaded around a few months ago. The cab was cut by Jeff You can find his cabochon's for sale at his Etsy store. I still have another one of his cabs to do something with.

I also did a bit of playing around with right angle weave and made this necklace and the earrings below it. The necklace is a semi-precious stone of which the name currently eludes me and accented with size 11 Delica beads.

The earrings are right angle weave and I used some left over mother-of-pearl beads and some peridot semi-precious beads.
This next pair of earrings I did just to do something quick. I've had the square jump rings for a while now. The beads are blue faceted cat's eyes.
I am currently trying to design some beaded squares for the Breast Cancer beaded quilts. I plan on completing a few for the 2009 quilts. If you are interested in doing some of your own please go to Jeanette Shanigan's web site for details on how you could help. There is a link on the home page to previous quilts that have been made and auctioned off at the Bead & Button show for the last few years. It is a great cause! I've actually been thinking about doing something like this here in Canada and auctioning it off at one of the bead shows held in Toronto. (as that is the closest place to me that has shows) I wonder...if anyone reading this is interested in doing a Canadian version of the Breast Cancer beaded quilts drop me an email to pamelove@cogeco.ca or comment on this post. I'm up for the challenge...are you??

Back to beading...

...Pam :o)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:35 p.m., Blogger abeadlady said...

Had to visit your blog. That embroidered necklace is stunning! I really like the rest of your things as well. You rock, woman! I, too, am making squares for Jeanette's Bead Quilt. If you do yours and want squares from the US, just let me know. I love doing things like that.

Arline

 
At 7:30 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to BAD and what better way to get to know us than to be tagged with the MEME tag. You can go to my blog and check it out. Just blame Aryd'ell she tagged me LOL-- loved your beadwork!

 
At 2:23 p.m., Blogger Pam said...

Thanks Ralonda! I've now tagged some others...that was harder than I thought it would be. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home