Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...

That's been me for a while now...but, I like it!

I have completed everything for the 12-month swap I am in and the package is already at it's destination. The recipient, Tina, is going to wait until Christmas to open it. I really hope she likes everything! I had a lot of fun doing this swap. Coming up with ideas to match the monthly inspiration given. Some of the ideas were from the swap mom and others came from the swappers themselves. I will post pictures of the goodies I sent sometime after Christmas.

Last month both my daughters had their birthdays. Kirsten turned 18. We had her over for dinner. Kirsten moved out just over a month and a half ago, and lives with her boyfriend and his family while they save money for their own apartment. Not the easiest time in my life, that's for sure!! Anyway, I cooked one of her favourites, curry. It was a good evening and I was sad to see her leave. It was really weird that I wasn't able to go into to her room and wake her up with birthday wishes.
Here is Kirsten blowing out the candles on her cake.

Zoey, turned 16, 4 days later. On the day of her birthday she started her first driver education course. I'm so proud of her! Zoey paid for the course with little help from her nanny but, the rest was all her hard earned money. She works at Licks Homeburgers. It's been almost a year now and she is an opening/closing night & weekend manager. This past year Zoey has purchased herself a new bike, guitar hero, a docking station for the Ipod she won at work, a Mac book, all her school supplies including clothing, and has taken her father & I out for dinner a number of times as well as going out with friends and having fun!! Did I mention she works at least 25-30 hours a week and is a straight A student!! I made my very first ever crocheted scarf for Zoey for her birthday. We also gave her a memory card for her camera.

Here is Zoey with a few friends, sporting the scarf I crocheted in the colours she wanted.

Now I'm making things for Christmas...I still have 2 1/2 pairs of socks to do and a crochet hat to start. Then there is the baking that has to happen. We give gifts of baked goods to some of our harder to shop for friends...mostly guys! LOL! The guys love the baked goods that's for sure!

Well, time to get back to knitting...

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of the year!

Till next time, which hopefully won't be a long wait...I'll try my best.


2 Comments:

At 5:32 p.m., Blogger Jax said...

I love the scarf you made for your daughter. What beautiful colors! Good luck getting everything done in time for Christmas, I am scrambling to finish a few things too. There are just not enough hours in the day or days left till Christmas!

 
At 10:57 a.m., Blogger Pam said...

Thanks Jax! Good luck to you too..we really could use some more hours in the day at this time of year couldn't we. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home